[Debian-eeepc-devel] the article: "Has ASUS abandoned netbook Linux?"

Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com
Tue Jun 1 17:20:42 UTC 2010

I involuntaryly stumbled upon this article:

	http://blogs.computerworld.com/16161/has_asus_abandoned_netbook_linux

a few days ago.  Does it warry me?  You bet it does.  Reading:

	Asus seems to have closed down its Linux lines at least in the
	United States.

makes me fear I'm sitting with a $480 piece of hardware (1101HA, bought in
Singapore), flogged out by a company (ASUS) with no balls, prostituting
itself for a (maybe) bigger (Redmond located) company, on the way to the
junk yard, wondering about the feasible future.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

--
Cristian