[Debian-eeepc-devel] (no subject)

Lixus Zoran linux at muellers.ms
Mon Mar 29 11:48:36 UTC 2010

Hello,

I own a Eee PC 900a and I installed squeeze on an external SDHC Card in the CardReader slot following these instructions:
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/HowTo/InstallUsingStandardInstaller

I was supervised that almost everything was working out of the box
and I can only recommend to install squeeze. Thanks a lot to the people who made this possible!

After the first boot eth0 and wlan0 where not working but after a second boot they did work!

One pitfall with "iwlist wlan0 scan" is that this command only works if you first do an "ifconfig wlan0 up".
With Gnome NetworkMangager I am able to join WEP and WPA encrypted wireless networks.
Also my UMTS Stick worked out of the Box with network-manager.

The only thing I noticed which is is broken ATM is
that Fn+F2 will not only switch off wlan0 but also eth0

I believe this is somehow related to this tool

root at eeepc:~# rfkill list
0: eeepc-wlan: Wireless LAN
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: no