[Debian-eeepc-devel] The problem with installing Debian on eee PC900ax

James Brown jbrownfirst at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 15:58:09 UTC 2010

Some days ago I bought a notebook asus eee PC900ax and tried install
Debian Lenny on it.
Earlier I installed Debian Lenny on my asus eee PC900ha without any problem.
I had the next problem with it.
The installer didn't see any network interface controller, but the
network interface controller worked under windows, i.e. it was not a
problem with hardware.
It was because that the ethernet controller on my new asus eee was
Attansic Technology Corp. Device 1062 (rev c0) (on my old one I had
Attansic Technology Corp. L1 Gigabit Ehternet Adapter
(reev b0)).
The debian lenny istnaller have no drivers for the first by default and
cannot recognize the ethernet-card.
The problem was resolved by installing Debian Squeeze.

P.S. It seems to me that asus eee PC900ax was broken by its producer
comparison with asus eeePC900ha because the first one have only 2
usb-ports and the second - 3, and the first have nothing instead the 3rd
usb-port.