[Debian-eeepc-devel] How to deal with the freeze?

Luca Niccoli lultimouomo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 09:10:57 UTC 2010

On 3 October 2010 15:46, Ben Armstrong <synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:

> Also, Luca's changes must be merged soon or we won't have time to make the
> freeze exception for it!  Someone want to run with this?

Yesterday I pushed some changes on my tree:
a NEWS entry about the lid management, and the new notification system
based on notify-send.
I went ahead and got rid of the old aosd based stuff; on a system with
just X11 and GTK+ installed notification-daemon, xfce4-notifyd and
xfce4-notification-daemon all take around 12M; sure it's much more
that the megabyte that it takes to install aosd-cat and a font; but is
it worth to keep and maintain a parallel notification library just to
save those 12M?
I also merged your changes, so it shouldn't be a problem (AFAIU git,
which is not much) to pull.
Cheers

Luca