[Debian-eeepc-devel] Update Debian wiki for eeePC

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Tue Jul 5 13:54:56 UTC 2011

On 07/05/2011 10:14 AM, Simon Linden wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thank you for your reply!
>
> 2011/7/5 Ben Armstrong <synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca>:
>>
>> Debian Wheezy has not been released yet. The wiki reflects the state of
>> things for Squeeze, the current stable release of Debian, and so far as
>> that release is concerned is still correct.
>
> okay - I see - sorry. May it is posibile, to add a hint for debian
> wheezy. I was a little confusing while I installed eeepc-acpi-scripts.
> As I know the reason - it is okay for me!
>
> Thanks for clarified this for me

Of course since it's a wiki, you're free to edit it as you see fit. As
for making the whole wiki Wheezy-ready, that will be something that we
will address as we prepare for the release. However, since I assume
users use Squeeze, and people who use testing/unstable are able to
figure out things on their own, I'm not sure it's worth the effort by
our team (and churn) to constantly update the wiki as things change in
development. I had kind of hoped we'd migrate off our current wiki to
something that supports multiple trees better (e.g. ikiwiki which can be
set up to be backed by git and therefore would support git branches)
before undertaking such a change.

Ben