[Debian-eeepc-devel] Asus EeePC 1215b sound does not work in Squeeze, works fine in Oneiric

Miguel Telleria de Esteban miguel at mtelleria.com
Sun Nov 20 23:24:26 UTC 2011

Hi Paul and the others,

I am still with the same problem and I can only work on it sporadically
usually on the weekends.  But anyway I give you an update with the
status.

*  I tried alsa-info.sh and I see that the problem is that no PCM
   control comes out in the mixer options.  I think that this is the
   objective that I have to aim.

*  Before submitting a bug-report on any kernel package I tried to
   replicate the ubuntu oneiric packages in my debian distro.  I tried
   the following:
   -  Backporting alsa-utils, alsa-oss, libasound2 from Ubuntu (1.0.24)
   -  Using a 3.0.0-2 kernel from Debian sid
   -  Installing a 3.0.0-12 kernel from Ubuntu Oneiric (the same that
     the Ubuntu live system has).

*  I still obtain the same result, even with the Ubuntu Oneiric kernel.

So I am writing to alsa-users mailing list to ask for their wisdom.  My
post can be found here:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=28427545

Regards,

	Miguel Telleria