[Debian-ezgo-packaging] Blends-commit post from fweng-guest at users.alioth.debian.org requires approval

Franklin Weng franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw
Fri Mar 7 03:38:12 UTC 2014

Hi,

Andreas, as for the following discussion is more about debian-ezgo rather
than debian-edu, it may be suitable to post it to debian-ezgo mailing list
instead of debian-edu, though I know that there may be very few people
subscribing it.

<ajqlee at debian.org<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=ajqlee@debian.org>
>:

> Hi Franklin,
>
> Thanks for explain all these to us.
>
> As far as I know, blends does more than what itzks-system package did in
> a smarter way.
>
> You can compare the itzks-system/debian/control file with any of the
> tasks file under:
>     projects/ezgo/trunk/debian-ezgo/tasks/
>
> You may found the debian-ezgo blends are generating these binary packages
>     ezgo-common
>     ezgo-artwork
> already. And also
>     ezgo-accessories
>     ezgo-education
>     ezgo-games
>     ezgo-imaging
>     ezgo-lang-vi_VN-desktop
>     ezgo-lang-zh_TW-desktop
>     ezgo-multimedia
>     ezgo-network
>     ezgo-office
> meta packages. You may want to sync what package should ezgo installs in
> the tasks first.
> And then we can use these updated tasks to collect what menu entries are
> needed to be translated and then integrate that with multi-lingual supported
>    ezgo-menu
> All these could be done in blends, except the huge content of phet. I
> think it would be a good idea to have phet as a independent package and has
> that mentioned in debian-ezgo's tasks file.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Best regards,
>
> -Andrew

These tasks can define what will be included into the debian ezgo system,
right?  In the files of tasks, there are a lot of Depends fields.  It means
that when I install a ezgo-task-education it will install those
dependencies packages as well.  Am I correct?

BTW, I still have very few ideas about the relationships between tasks,
debian/control, debian/rules, ... etc.

I tried make but failed.  It referenced debian/changelog and define target
as oneiric, while I'm trying it on wheezy.

For now, I just want to build:
ezgo-artwork
ezgo-menu
ezgo-phet  (may be renamed to ezgo-prtutorial which means public resource
tutorials, including PhET, Animation simulations for physics, ... and so
on.)

So I'll try packaging on my own workaround repository for now.  However at
the mean time, I would still be very appreciated to get your help to
understand how blends work.

Thanks,
Franklin