[Debian-ezgo-packaging] Debian ezgo pure blends TODO

Franklin Weng franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw
Wed Mar 19 01:50:36 UTC 2014

Hi,

After discussing with Andrew, now I have enough ideas to start working on
Debian ezgo pure blends.  Here are my plans and TODOs:

1. My previous version of ezgo-artwork followed the example of
debian-edu-artwork.  It can be done with easier way to do.  (Done)
2. ezgo-menu should also follow ezgo-artwork with easier way for debian
packaging. (Done)
3. For ezgo-menu, add a dialog to ask users if they want to apply ezgo menu
style or not. (Progressing)
4. For ezgo-menu, copy the current application desktop folder and make
changes there instead of changing native desktop files.
5. Rename ezgo-opencontent to ezgo-oer (Open Education Resources), and
split each public resource tutorial into different debian packages.
6. For PhET, make it an installer instead of put the whole PhET content
inside.
7. Put all the corresponding work into the ezgo blends framework (Almost
done).
8. Review and revise ezgo tasks.
9. Build a dedicated debian repository for ezgo, to handle custom changes
like translations, or packages that are not in debian native repository.

Currently 1, 2 and 7 are (almost) done.  I'm now working on 3 and 4.

Any suggestion and help are very appreciated.

Franklin