[Debian-ezgo-packaging] Debian ezgo pure blends TODO

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Wed Mar 26 21:26:38 UTC 2014

Hi Franklin,

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 08:12:42PM +0800, Franklin Weng wrote:

> > If you prefer Git over SVN I'd recommend moving debian-ezgo to Git!
> >
> Sure.  Where should I move debian-ezgo to?

For your comfort I created an empty archive at

   ssh://git.debian.org/git/blends/projects/ezgo.git

(which you in principle could have done yourself by

  ssh git.debian.org
  cd /git/blends/projects
  ./setup-repository ezgo 'Blend for educatipn with asian specific adaptations'

> BTW, when can I update blends-dev on my wheezy box?  I just tried to
> upgrade but no new package yet.

This new version will *never* go into Wheezy.  Wheezy is stable which
means actually *stable* in terms of no new upstream versions - only
security fixes.  What you can do is the following:

  1. Add unstable to your sources.list

  2. (important!) use a file  /etc/apt/preferences containing something like

Package: *
Pin: release a=stable
Pin-Priority: 501

Package: *
Pin: release a=unstable
Pin-Priority: 50

Package: *
Pin: release a=experimental
Pin-Priority: 5

  3. sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get -t unstable install blends-dev

Hope this helps

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de