Migrating flyers from CVS to Git?

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Feb 28 15:37:57 UTC 2018

Dear Laura,

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 01:11:26PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > but without commit hooks:
> >
> > http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-flyers-devel/2017-April/000365.html
>
> Commit hooks is a frequently discussed topic but as long as the
> commit mailing list exists - I know what to do on Salsa. :-)
>
> > Andreas, if migrating from git-alioth to git-salsa (and setting up the hooks) is
> > an easy task for you, I would say "please go ahead".
>
> That's perfectly fine.  Do you think there should be a separate team
> for the flyers or should we just move it under group debian.  As far
> as I can see we are talking about a single repositry so for my naive
> outsider perspective debian group would be fine but if you want me
> to create a separate team I'll do so and would propose
>
>    Group:  Debian Flyers team
>    Dir:    flyers-team
>
> (the '-team' extension would be mandatory)

Since I've got no answer I decided myself and moved debian-flyers Git to

     https://salsa.debian.org/debian/debian-flyers

I've added a commit hook to
debian-flyers-commits at lists.alioth.debian.org but the list owner need to
make sure that this list will be taken over to the new location.

I noticed that Elena ``of Valhalla'' Grandi <valhalla at trueelena.org> who
is not a DD and thus has no automatic commit permissions to the project
and hope this is sufficient to grant the needed permissions for Elena.

I've issued a merge request to AliothRewriter to redirect from the old
address to the new one.

Please delete the old Git repository from alioth (or at least make it
read-only to ensure that everybody will notice the move).

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de