and translations / Re: micronews / dpn / Re: Somes updates on flyers page

Joost van Baal-Ilić joostvb-debian-flyers-devel at mdcc.cx
Tue Apr 2 10:07:50 BST 2019

Hi all,

On Tue, Apr 02, 2019 at 10:56:35AM +0200, Alban Vidal wrote:
> Le 02/04/2019 à 09:22, Joost van Baal-Ilić a écrit :
> > On Tue, Apr 02, 2019 at 08:11:36AM +0200, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
> >> Yes! It's great.
> >> I'd like to publish a micronews (or DPN paragraph) to spread the word
> > great idea, would be awesome.
>
> +1
>
> > For inspiration:
> >
> > --------- draft --------------
> >
> > Since about 2000, Debian uses the Debian Flyers for promotion at public Free
> > Software conferences and other events.  Our flyer has been translated from
> > English to Danish, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese and
> > Swedish.  Help in keeping those translations up to date is, as always, very
> > welcome.  And translation in more languages are appreciated too.
> >
> > Next to the Debian Flyer, the project keeps [..] social contract in flyer
> > format [...] stickers
> >
> > [..] webpage [...], salsa, mailing list....
> >
> > -------------------------------
> >
> > I hope to have some more time tonight.
> >
> Great!
>
> We can also call the l10n teams to create the social contract + DFSG.
> They already translated in most languages; we just need a layout to the
> .tex format.

We don't have po-infrastructure yet.  Would be nice if we had (would it?).  But
indeed, social contract now has english, french and italian in our repo while
there is

 عربية (Arabiya)
 Български (Bəlgarski)
 català
 česky
 dansk
 Deutsch
 español
 فارسی (Farsi)
 français
 Galego
 hrvatski
 Italiano
 עברית (ivrit)
 한국어 (Korean)
 magyar
 Nederlands
 日本語 (Nihongo)
 norsk (bokmål)
 polski
 Português
 Русский (Russkij)
 slovenčina
 suomi
 svenska
 Tiếng Việt
 Türkçe
 українська (ukrajins'ka)
 中文(简)
 中文(HK)
 中文(繁)

at https://www.debian.org/social_contract .

Hrm....

Idealy we would not keep translations in 2 places in git.  Maybe po could help,
not quite sure yet what's the best course of action here...

Bye,

Joost