and translations / Re: micronews / dpn / Re: Somes updates on flyers page

Laura Arjona Reina larjona at debian.org
Wed Apr 3 07:15:37 BST 2019

Hello

El 3 de abril de 2019 5:03:18 CEST, "Joost van Baal-Ilić" <joostvb-debian-flyers-devel at mdcc.cx> escribió:
>Bonjour Alban,

>DFSG.
>to the
>> >
>> > We don't have po-infrastructure yet.  Would be nice if we had
>(would it?).
>> > But indeed, social contract now has english, french and italian in
>our repo
>> > while there is
>> >
>> >  عربية (Arabiya)
>> >  Български (Bəlgarski)
>> >  català
>> >  česky
>> >  dansk
>> >  Deutsch
>> >  español
>> >  فارسی (Farsi)
>> >  français
>> >  Galego
>> >  hrvatski
>> >  Italiano
>> >  עברית (ivrit)
>> >  한국어 (Korean)
>> >  magyar
>> >  Nederlands
>> >  日本語 (Nihongo)
>> >  norsk (bokmål)
>> >  polski
>> >  Português
>> >  Русский (Russkij)
>> >  slovenčina
>> >  suomi
>> >  svenska
>> >  Tiếng Việt
>> >  Türkçe
>> >  українська (ukrajins'ka)
>> >  中文(简)
>> >  中文(HK)
>> >  中文(繁)
>> >
>> > at https://www.debian.org/social_contract .
>> >
>> > Hrm....
>> >
>> > Idealy we would not keep translations in 2 places in git.
>
>Just to be more clear: The 2-places-in-git issue is only for the social
>contract/dfsg-flyer, in
>salsa.debian.org:debian/debian-flyers/social_contract/

I think it would be nice that we gettextize the web source. This could be benefit for:

* the own Debian website
* the package doc-debian* (it uses the ww.debian.org pages as upstream/source)
* the flyers

>.  The po-issue is especially for the general debian flyer, in
>salsa.debian.org:debian/debian-flyers/english.tex
>
>> > Maybe po could
>> > help, not quite sure yet what's the best course of action here...
>> >
>> Flyers with .po format is a very good idea, but for the moment I
>don't
>> know how convert the current .tex files to use existing .po files.
>>
>> For the future flyers updates (or new releases / new translated
>> language), the translation will be faster ready, and the updates more
>> easy (I think).
>
>I also _think_ that; and I also don't know yet how to do such a
>conversion.  I
>_think_ that once we have .po files, we can hook up with existing
>popular
>translators infrastructure.
>
>> If you want I can look for that.
>
>That would be great.  Even if it turns out that it would be too much
>work /
>overkill, that'd be useful to know.

I'll also have a look. We have the DebConf sponsorship brochure in LaTeX with .po support already, it shouldn't be difficult.

Kind regards
--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona