Microflyer

Joost van Baal-Ilić joostvb-debian at mdcc.cx
Sun May 28 08:24:40 BST 2023

Hi James,

Your PR has been merged, I've just built assembly.pdf locally, that works
flawlessly.  So thanks for this nice work!  You write:

"All of the software source code developed by the Debian community is available
for you to read, edit and redistribute."

Maybe change that to "All of the software source code shipped by the Debian
community [...]": most of the code is from upstream, I believe.

Also, of course the "63,000+ packaged" metric needs maintenance; it would
likely need to get adjusted at least once every 2 years.  Unfortunately
I have no suggestion on how to make sure this will happen...

What could furthermore get changed is: "by a large community of volunteers" in
"by a community of over 1,000 volunteers": that will likely stay true for at
least 10 years.

These are just suggestions feel free to either ignore or implement them.

You might also want to ask the people @ the
https://lists.debian.org/debian-www/ list for proofreading.

Thanks again! Bye,

Joost

On Sat, May 27, 2023 at 06:12:48PM +0100, James Addison wrote:
> There's a draft of the microflyer in progress at:
> https://salsa.debian.org/debian/debian-flyers/-/merge_requests/21
>
> Since the updated text content is relatively brief, I'll include it here too:
>
> ---- BEGIN FLYER ----
> Debian is a free operating system for computers of all kinds.  It
> offers 63,000+ packaged utilities and applications, including software
> for businesses, programmers, scientists, educators and artists.
>
> Continuous improvements and timely security updates are provided by a
> large community of volunteers who have subject area interest and
> expertise in the software they maintain.  All of the software source
> code developed by the Debian community is available for you to read,
> edit and redistribute.
>
> To learn more about Debian and to obtain a copy that you can run and
> optionally install, scan the QR code above, or visit
> https://www.debian.org for more information.
> ---- END FLYER ----
>
> (I'm currently mulling over whether the language about
> all-the-source-code is reasonable, and/or could be improved)
<snip>