[Debian-ha-maintainers] [Ubuntu-ha] Patches for Corosyn and Openais

Ante Karamatić ivoks at grad.hr
Thu Jul 30 09:22:41 UTC 2009

Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:

>> Hopefully, not everybody is on the vacation :)
>
> Just come back :)

I'm still enjoying the sun and beaches :)

> I have a better suggestion. Why don't we look directly into upstream
> init scripts mess and try to make a proper cross-distro init like we did
> for cluster? corosync/openais is a lot simpler to do than cluster. I
> believe almost any of you could do it.

I could put some work into that. But I won't be able to test it on other
distributions before end of this month.

> Also.. instead of calling make clean, change that to make distclean.

New packages at:

https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-ha/+archive/ppa

use distclean instead of clean for both corosync and openais.

As for pacemaker, I've added packages that provide mentioned simple init
script for pacemaker-openais. Source is uploaded to mentioned PPA, so if
anyone uses Ubuntu Karmic and wants to give it a try, please, do it
(package name: pacemaker-openais). Martin, could you take a look at the
source and let me know if it can be used for Debian? There are some
minor things to work out, but those are related only to packaging.

I'll remove openais-legacy from mentioned PPA once other do some
testing. I've tested pacemaker with 2 and 3 node cluster, with IP and
services failover and everything worked fine. Once my vacation is over,
I'll set up a howto for those that don't know how to start.

Ante Karamatic