[Debian-ha-maintainers] [Linux-ha-dev] [patch v2 6/6] Debian: remove ldconfig from heartbeat.{postrm, postinst}

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Feb 5 15:57:13 UTC 2010

On Sat, Feb 06, 2010 at 12:04:35AM +1100, Simon Horman wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 12:57:39PM +0100, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > All other patches seem fine to me. Can you please push them.
>
> Thanks
>
> > Incidentally, Martin, is there a reason not to have debian
> > directories upstream in glue and agents?
>
> dev/debian seems to also have been removed.
> I must say, I'd rather it hadn't been.

Martin (Madkiss) and I talked about this,
and the conclusioin was to remove debian/* from upstream.

BTW,
   please consider to go one changeset further than the 3.0.2 tag:
   http://hg.linux-ha.org/heartbeat-STABLE_3_0/rev/70df28657107
   You may need to add the dopd directory to the appropriate place
   in the debian initscript and file lists.

So let's say, somehow you miss the "build from scratch",
because you confuse Debian with Gentoo ;-)

If you really don't want the packages from
http://people.debian.org/~madkiss/ha,
but _insist_ to build them yourself,

just
	(Martin, and other debian maintainers,
	 please correct me if I'm wrong)
add
deb http://people.debian.org/~madkiss/ha sid main
deb-src http://people.debian.org/~madkiss/ha sid main
to your sources list (or lenny, for that matter, or in a few weeks
probably they are in the official repos anyways),
then

# download debian sources from debian downstream (ok, it is your
# upstream, but it is downstream from linux-ha mercurial)
apt-get source heartbeat
apt-get build-dep heartbeat

# get the latest heartbeat tarball from mercurial tip
wget -O heartbeat.tip.tar.gz http://hg.linux-ha.org/heartbeat-STABLE_3_0/archive/tip.tar.bz2

# extract it
## tar xjf heartbeat.tar.gz
mkdir heartbeat.tip &&
tar --strip-components=1 -xjf heartbeat.tar.gz -C heartbeat.tip

# copy over martin's debian stuff
cd heartbeat.tip
# or wherever the tar xjf ended up, should be something like Heartbeat-3-0-*/
cp -a ../heartbeat-3.0.2/debian .
# (or whatever has been downloaded and extracted by apt-get source)

# add your changelog entry, preferably adding the hg date and hash
export EDITOR=vim # or jed or whatever
export DEBEMAIL="Your Name Here <you at are.respons.ible>"
dch -i
# or, dch -l "<<<---date and hash--->>>", whatever seems more appropriate

# build your own bleeding edge deb
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -us

Should work just fine,
and better even than up to now,
as the debian/* in the mercurial always lagged behind.

--
: Lars Ellenberg