[Debian-ha-maintainers] corosync packaging

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Thu Aug 27 20:12:21 BST 2015

(Moving discussion to the HA mailing list, hope nobody minds.)

Christoph Berg <myon at debian.org> writes:

> Hopefully waldi is back tomorrow so we can get corosync closer to
> uploading.

We chatted at DebConf about LVM packaging, especially the cluster stuff
(clvm and cmirrord), but reality seems to differ, so it looks like we'll
have to have another round.

> Do you have everything pushed that you have so far?

If we want to keep libcorosync-dev, then even more that that...  On the
other hand, I tried to compile lvm2 against the new corosync.  It did
not work, libcorosync-common-dev has to pull in libqb-dev as well,
because corosync.pc has a Requires: libqb line.  So we have to add that.

> (Mental note for me: look at libcorosync-dev)

Each dev package has its own .pc file, which supports keeping them
separate.  Moreover, the LVM configure script checks separately for
corosync, quorum and cmap via pkg-config.  Maybe the "common" part in
libcorosync-common is a misnomer after all, and should be dropped.
Anyway, lvm2 and sheepdog both build with Corosync 2 after some fiddling
with their Build-Depends.  I haven't done further testing yet.

Meanwhile I started to merge the dev packages, but the above findings
suggest that it may not be the best idea after all.  Our rdeps have
separate configure checks for the components, and libcorosync (what's
now libcorosync-common in our packaging) seems to be usable on its own
right.
--
Regards,
Feri.