[Debian-ha-maintainers] Status of the Debian-HA packages

Richard B Winters rik at mmogp.com
Tue May 5 15:54:08 UTC 2015

Hello,

On Tue, 2015-05-05 at 15:13 +0200, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could anyone describe the state of the Debian-HA stack in Jessie?
> What are the problems?
> What work needs to be done?

cluster-glue, libqb, corosync, resource-agents, fence-agents, pacemaker,
crmsh; are all mostly ready.  At this time we are debugging,
fine-tuning, and testing.

pcs is being worked on as well.

The problem is that the pacemaker/corosync cluster stack missed the
freeze date for Jessie, nothing can be done to get the stack into the
release. We are planning instead, an add-on repository or some other
means to provide the stack.

Work that is needed at this time includes debugging/testing/reviewing
the packages.

--

The previous stack in Debian was based on heartbeat-ais, though the
stack as we are working on it drops heartbeat-ais and instead introduces

Here is some additional information:

You can see our progress by looking through the public packaging
repositories [1], as well as keep up to date on the team's discussions
by subscribing to the team's mailing list [2], or reviewing the public
archives [3].

We also have a wiki page which sums up some information [4]