[Debian-ha-maintainers] cluster-glue and resource-agents

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Tue Jan 19 15:42:30 UTC 2016

Christoph Berg <myon at debian.org> writes:

> I lost track, so this might be a totally stupid question: We still
> have cluster-glue and resource-agents on the TODO list, but I vaguely
> remember that cluster-glue might not be needed at all anymore.

I think that cluster-glue contains obsolete components (or does the new
stack use ha_logd for anything? -- the same goes for all the stuff under
/usr/lib/heartbeat: contemporary Pacemaker sports its own lrmd),
optional components (like the LHA-style STONITH plugins, which might
come handy when no modern STONITH agent is available for a device in
fence-agents), and a generally useful component: hb_report.

> However, resource-agents build-depends on it.

I don't know why (yet).  The resource-agents package is generally useful
but optional (my test cluster runs without it or cluster-glue).

> Both packages have extensively been worked on last year (by Richard
> and others), which of these are ready for upload now, or what is left
> to be done there?

I don't know, sorry.  The only possible problem I can think of right now
is the migration from /var/lib/heartbeat to /var/lib/pacemaker in
Pacemaker: both cluster-glue and resource-agents might need changes to
function correctly with the new paths.  Logging configuration surely
matters for hb_report at least, and our new packages use syslog, not
separate logfiles like upstream (because those can't be reliably
rotated).
--
Feri.