[Debian-ha-maintainers] Question about pacemaker-upgrade from wheezy

Carsten Böcker news at cb-world.de
Fri Feb 16 12:23:08 UTC 2018

Hi,

as wheezy has lts-support and pacemaker was missing in jessie first
I skipped jessie, waited for stretch and till now upgraded 2 cluster
from wheezy to stretch so that is possible.

I have no how-to with copy'n'paste commands and also no how-to found but
main-steps required are:

- move everything away from one node
- set is-managed-default -v false
- set the node to upgrade standby
- upgrade standby-node to jessie
- reboot
- upgrade standby-node to stretch
- install pacemaker and crmsh
- validate and fix corosync.conf
- /dev/drbd/by-res/resource needs to be changed to
  /dev/drbd/by-res/resource/0
- move resources manualy away from next node
- repeat for next node until all nodes are up2date
- validate that all resources are found
- set is-managed-default -v true

I think it's best you try it first with a testing-cluster in a
vm-environment.

cb