[Debian-handbook-translators] russian translation started

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Thu May 31 22:29:08 UTC 2012

Hello,

On Thu, 31 May 2012, alexander barakin wrote:
> 1. do i need to create a new repository or will be enough to create the
> branch "squeeze/master" in the current?

I don't know how your "remotes" are setup but assuming that the alioth
repo is know as "origin" you can just do this in your current repository:
$ git checkout --track -b squeeze/master origin/squeeze/master

Or with a recent git:
$ git checkout squeeze/master
Branch squeeze/master set up to track remote branch squeeze/master from origin.
Switched to a new branch 'squeeze/master'

> 2. do i need to change the already made commits or it would be enough to
> apply the rules to the new commits?

As Roland said, please use "git rebase -i squeeze/master" to reword the
commit messages and to make them apply on top of squeeze/master.

On Thu, 31 May 2012, alexander barakin wrote:
> if necessary, i can, of course, delete the mailing list and the repo.
> but since i took over the coordination of the russian translation, for
> me it would be easier to accumulate translations in a separate
> repository and provide them to the upstream in a convenient for you
> form.

That's ok, of course.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Get the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/