[Debian-handbook-translators] Some comments after the first Git pushes of translators

Norman García Aguilar norman at riseup.net
Fri Jun 1 01:11:01 UTC 2012

On Thu, 31 May 2012 11:19:21 +0200
Raphael Hertzog <hertzog at debian.org> wrote:

> Hello,

Hello Raphael

> thank you for the translation work that you already did, it's great to see
> that teams are forming and that translations are progressing.
>
> But I noticed that almost nobody managed to follow all my instructions:
>
> 1/ you all pushed your translations to "master" instead of "squeeze/master"
>
>    Please push to squeeze/master, I will regularly merge squeeze/master
>    into master. For now, it's not a big deal because I have not yet
>    started to work on the wheezy version but soon both branches will
>    diverge and you probably don't want to target the wheezy version
>    too soon.

I change the branch to squeeze/master as you suggested, and I made my first commit to check everythin is fine, but when I make "git push" I have

   4e02048..0fc6666  squeeze/master -> squeeze/master
 ! [rejected]        master -> master (non-fast-forward)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git+ssh://n0rman-guest@git.debian.org/git/debian-handbook/debian-handbook.git'
To prevent you from losing history, non-fast-forward updates were rejected
Merge the remote changes (e.g. 'git pull') before pushing again.  See the
'Note about fast-forwards' section of 'git push --help' for details.

Looks like I'm having a problem :/ can you help me with this?

Regards,

--
Norman García Aguilar <norman at riseup.net>