[Debian-handbook-translators] initial setup

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Fri Jun 1 06:08:01 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Fri, 01 Jun 2012, Carsten Bachert wrote:
> Then I checked whether the upload has been fine and I fond out: It did
> not. So I tried to get write access:
>
> git clone git
> +ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-handbook/debian-handbook.git -b
> squeeze/master
>
> But then I get "Permission denied (publickey)." I think ssh-copy-id will
> not work, till I have no account on that server.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

You obviously need to create an account on alioth.debian.org and then
use that account to request to be added to the project:
http://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-handbook/

Once you have been accepted, you will be able to do the above operation.

(README.git has some explanations)

You might find those wiki pages helpful too:
http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/SSH
http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/Git

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Get the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/