[Debian-handbook-translators] Using Weblate for handbook translations

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Tue Jun 5 13:03:50 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Tue, 05 Jun 2012, Michal Čihař wrote:
> I've written tool for web based translating called Weblate [1] and I
> got some feedback that you might be interested in using it for
> translating The Debian Administrator's Handbook.

Who suggested that?

> I would happily provide Weblate instance for this purpose, so it's
> basically up to you whether you want to have such tool available. It
> lowers barrier for translators, what can be good and bad as well.

I guess it really depends on the various translation teams. I don't
want to impose it and some might prefer to use a workflow that doesn't
require usage of weblate.

Also I'd rather avoid many small commits, and I'm not sure that weblate
can help us here.

Can weblate cope with a workflow where the translations are committed
manually with a "git merge --squash" or any other history-rewriting
method?

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Get the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/