[Debian-handbook-translators] Using Weblate for handbook translations

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Wed Jun 6 15:09:12 UTC 2012

On Tue, 05 Jun 2012, Michal Čihař wrote:
> > I guess it really depends on the various translation teams. I don't
> > want to impose it and some might prefer to use a workflow that doesn't
> > require usage of weblate.
>
> Well there is no need to use Weblate even if it is used - it's just a
> web interface that allows to edit files, nothing prevents others to
> work directly on Git repo.

Does it need write access to the central repository or can it use a
separate repository hosted by weblate itself?

Anyway, it looks like some teams are interested by using weblate
so I'm OK to give it a try, but I would like it to push to an
alternate repository where I would retrieve changes from time
to time (and where I control when I update it with new content
too).

At least for a start. Later on we might change to direct
commit to the official repository if it's working in a
satisfying way.

Is there a way to enforce some rules on what commit look like? Until now I
have asked the translator to prefix their commit with their language code
(eg. "it-IT: ") and it would be nice if weblate could follow this convention.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Get the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/