[Debian-handbook-translators] French translation, anyone ?

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Mon Jul 2 09:21:05 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Mon, 02 Jul 2012, GV wrote:
> Since I am a French guy living in the UK, I thought I could start a French
> translation of the book. Would anyone be interested ? Has it been started
> yet perhaps ? Any advice in how to get started ?

There's already a French translation since the book started as a
translation of the French book:
http://raphaelhertzog.fr/livre/cahier-admin-debian/

But the original book is not available under a free license. My aim is to
convince Eyrolles to fix this for the next update of the book (for the
Wheezy release) but it's hard to predict whether I will succeed.

At this point, I would not bother starting a French translation anyway
because I have all the po files for the French translation, it's just that
I'm not allowed to publish them. Yet.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Get the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/