[Debian-handbook-translators] Understanding some markups

Roland Mas lolando at debian.org
Tue Jul 31 18:41:27 UTC 2012

Claudio Filho, 2012-07-31 14:24:29 -0300 :

> Hi
>
> Raphael, i have a doubt about how interpretate this string:
>
> <emphasis>CULTURE</emphasis> Commercial distributions
>
> I saw that in IT and ES is equal, but removing this markups, we have
> "CULTURE Commercial distributions". This string is more to:

  Which is why you don't really want to remove the markup.  The sidebars
are "classified" into several kinds, all marked-up in capitals and
within an emphasis element, including CULTURE, NOTE, GOING FURTHER, and
so on.  These should not be considered part of the title.

> CULTURE - Commercial distributions , or
> Culture Commercial distributions?
>
> I can translate it to:
>
> CULTURA - Distribuições Comerciais , or
> Distribuições de Cultura Comercial

  The former is correct.  The latter is not.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

You can tune a filesystem, but you can't tuna fish.
  -- in the tunefs(8) manual page.