[Debian-handbook-translators] XML markup problems

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Tue Nov 13 10:25:45 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012, Roland Mas wrote:
> My personal opinion is that this stems from editing XML stuff as
> plain-text.  When we did the initial translation from French into
> English, I wrote a set of scripts to allow working directly in XML, with
> an XML-aware editor (Emacs, of course :-), automated validation, and the
> *.po files were only generated if the *.xml files I had edited were
> correct.  I'll try to unearth these scripts and make them more robust,
> if this helps.

This is not going to help teams who have made the choice to use weblate.
Fortunately Michal already implemented XML validation into weblate so we
will at least catch the syntax errors when he updates debian.weblate.org
with the new version (but DTD validation can't be done, but this is a
minor problem compared to the syntax issues).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Get the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/