[Debian-handbook-translators] still having trouble to set up a proper toolchain for building the handbook as a pdf

Zaki Akhmad za at students.ee.itb.ac.id
Mon Jan 28 06:37:33 UTC 2013

> This is what I did so far:
>
> $ git clone git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-handbook/debian-handbook.git
>

> $ publican build --formats=pdf --langs=en-US
>

> and then also
>
> $ ./build/build-pdf --lang=en-US
>

> had to install
> publican, dblatex,  xetex, texlive-xetex beforehand
> and had installed fop already
> (I'm on wheezy)
>

> lots of
> kpathsea: Invalid fontname `Linux Biolinum O:'...
> msgs - cf output below, and seems to take ages
> and then xelatex failed
>

> -> still no pdf / where should it be, anyway? - any help is appreciated

Hi Andreas,

actually I'd like ask the same question with you. What are the
requirements to build the debian handbook? Either the output is PDF or
epub.

So I've been using Sid since I found that publican-debian is only
available at Sid. CMIIW.

I haven't successfully build to PDF, but I had success with the epub. My
epub build would in the dir:

/debian-handbook/publish/id-ID/Debian/6.0/epub/debian-handbook/debian-handbook.epub

Please note that currently I'm translating to Indonesian language (id-ID).

Hope this helps :-)

--
Zaki Akhmad