[Debian-handbook-translators] Fwd: Merge request from Weblate

Matías Bellone matiasbellone+debian at gmail.com
Tue May 28 21:26:03 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Matías Bellone
<matiasbellone+debian at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 6:47 AM, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog at debian.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Mon, 20 May 2013, Matías Bellone wrote:
>>> 1- When making references, the text displays as "Section X, "TITLE"
>>> (page Y)". The text is indeed translated to Spanish and the "page Y"
>>> does use the translated template in the XSL. But the text itself is
>>> wrong, to start with the title should be within angular quotes («»)
>>> instead of double quotes ("").
>>
>> http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CustomGentext.html
>> http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CustomXrefs.html
>>
>> Here's the doc on how you can customize those generated texts. I already
>> use them a bit to fix references to sidebars as you noticed. You should
>> be able to fix other generated texts.
>
> I had a brief look at this but will have to check it a lot deeper
> still as my first attempts to play around were not successful.

I finally corrected the issue with the quotes. Please use the
following l10n config:

  <l:l10n language="es">
    <l:gentext key="minitoc" text="Contenidos"/>
    <l:gentext key="keywordset" text="Palabras clave"/>
    <l:context name="xref">
      <l:template name="page.citation" text=" (página %p)"/>
      <l:template name="sidebar" text="«%t»"/>
    </l:context>
    <l:context name="xref-number-and-title">
      <l:template name="chapter" text=" Capítulo %n: «%t»"/>
      <l:template name="section" text=" Sección %n, «%t»"/>
    </l:context>
  </l:l10n>

>> It's not possible. You should fix the translations. I ensured that we are
>> always consistent in always using the same form of links starting with
>> Section or Chapter for such references... both for the HTML and the PDF
>> version.
>
> Did that in weblate. Also, Javier San Román finished the first
> complete review of the book so a lot of mistakes were corrected there
> as well. I think that it warrants a merge.

I would say the book is in a very good state. I am currently reviewing
the word index to make sure it actually makes sense but it is not
needed for a final version. What *is* needed is the review of overflow
issues that you mentioned. Then again, I'd rather wait to have a
version with the latest Weblate changes merged in before starting that
(if the words will change, the overflow will probably change as well).

I did notice, though, that the download link for the Spanish PDF
version in the website downloads an EPUB file :S:

$ ls -sh publish/es-ES/Debian/6.0/pdf/debian-handbook/debian-handbook.pdf
26M publish/es-ES/Debian/6.0/pdf/debian-handbook/debian-handbook.pdf

$ file publish/es-ES/Debian/6.0/pdf/debian-handbook/debian-handbook.pdf
publish/es-ES/Debian/6.0/pdf/debian-handbook/debian-handbook.pdf: PDF
document, version 1.5

$ wget http://debian-handbook.info/download/es-ES/stable/debian-handbook.pdf
--2013-05-28 18:23:13--
http://debian-handbook.info/download/es-ES/stable/debian-handbook.pdf
Resolving debian-handbook.info (debian-handbook.info)...
88.190.240.226, 2a01:e0b:21e3:2::1
Connecting to debian-handbook.info
(debian-handbook.info)|88.190.240.226|:80... connected.
Length: 5281864 (5.0M) [application/pdf]
Saving to: ‘debian-handbook.pdf’

78.4KB/s   in 49s
2013-05-28 18:24:03 (105 KB/s) - ‘debian-handbook.pdf’ saved [5281864/5281864]

$ file debian-handbook.pdf
debian-handbook.pdf: EPUB document

Regards,
Toote