[Debian-handbook-translators] Translation work now targeting the wheezy book

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Wed Jan 1 22:03:42 UTC 2014

Hi Beatrice,

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013, Beatrice Torracca wrote:
> > $ publican lang_stats --lang=all | sed -n -e '/^File Name/ p; /^Total/ p'| sort -u
> > File Name                                   Untranslated      Fuzzy Translated
> [skip]
> > Total for it-IT                                    28871      44052      87661
>
> I have used the same command on my wheezy branch with the same results,
> but if I check the .po files with msgfmt I get these totals:
>
> Untranslated   Fuzzy   Translated
> 845	       896     3881
>
> which are quite different. Are we talking strings? Is publican counting strings?

Publican counts words AFAIK. So the number in my mail are words. publican
derives an estimation of hours of work and it couldn't do it with strings
since a string can be almost anything from a word to a very long
screen recording.

> > I would really like to see more translations reach the 100% mark for Wheezy.
> > Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you. We can at least send a
> > call for help through the website and maybe on some Debian -l10n lists ?
>
> Well we hope to be able to arrive at the 100% mark... sooner or later :)
> One problem we had was with Weblate; is it possible to disable Weblate
> for a specific language?

I don't know. Michal, can you answer that question?

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/