[Debian-handbook-translators] Translation for master branch (Debian 8, Jessie)

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Sat Aug 29 10:06:09 UTC 2015

On Sat, 29 Aug 2015, AYANOKOUZI, Ryuunosuke wrote:
> We would like to merge our effort onto the master branch.

Done.

> $ git remote add translation/ja https://github.com/l/debian-handbook.git
> $ git fetch translation/ja master/translation_ja/push
> $ git checkout remotes/origin_debian-handbook/master
> $ git merge --strategy recursive --strategy-option theirs remotes/translation/ja/master/translation_ja/push

I don't understand the point of this. The merge was a straight
fast-forward.

> pot/*.pot files should keep consistency with en-US/*.xml files,

I know how translation works. I just did not intend to open the master
branch for translation at this point.

But I guess that we're now at a point where we will no longer make
changes in the wheezy/master branch that will affect the POT files
and where future changes don't have to be merged back.

> I am hoping for that the consistency is kept in every commits,
> especially when updating en-US/*.xml files

This is not going to happen. I will update the POT files regularly
but not at each commit. It's too much noise otherwise. Translators
that want to go faster than this can update the POT/PO files themselves
and just commit the updated PO files.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer