[Debian-handbook-translators] The Debian Administrator's Handbook ready to be translated!

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Thu Nov 5 09:35:10 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Thu, 05 Nov 2015, AYANOKOUZI, Ryuunosuke wrote:
> > Why do you want the same number of pages? Does that impact readability?
>
> The reason to set the scaling factor is that
> I want to steer readability into a better direction.
> But the reason why the value of scaling factor is chosen is long story.

OK, thanks for the explanation. I'm fine with you changes.

> > Yes, also sometimes because we want to avoid having a sidebar split over two
> > pages (in particular when the two pages are on each side of a single
> > sheet).
>
> I understand. Who will do such activity? Please assign.
> I, you, any other volunteers, or professional copy-editor in freexian.com will do?
> I am willing to do if I assigned, but I'm not professional copy-editor after all.

Freexian is just me and my wife, neither of us are professional
copy-editor. I worked with a freelance designer for the cover, but the
rest is on our own.

Since I do not read japanese, I would largely prefer if you could take
care of this "layout tweak" phase. But if you don't want to, I can look
into doing it...

Another important thing to provide me is a translation of the text
on the book cover. Maybe I should inject this into a fake XML file so that
it gets translated as part of normal PO translation process.

> Ok, after we reach a consensus on above issues, I'll squash all commit
> according to
> jessie/master/typesetting/pdf/00_add_code_for_building_japanese_pdf
> branch into single commit and push the commit onto jessie/master branch.

I think we are good to go.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer