[Debian-handbook-translators] The Debian Administrator's Handbook ready to be translated!

AYANOKOUZI, Ryuunosuke i38w7i3 at yahoo.co.jp
Fri Nov 20 22:45:57 UTC 2015

Hi Raphael,

I'm sending you the current progress of
PDF layout tweaking and back-cover translation.

> > I have no deadline.
>
> I understand. I will finish it by December 5.

First of all, I can't finish PDF layout tweaking by December 5.
It will finish it by January 10, 2016. I'm terribly sorry for my optimistic estimate.

Current working branch for Japanese PDF layout tweaking is available on my git account[1].
Even thought this branch is just a rebased branch of 'jessie/print-en'[2],
generated Japanese PDF is perfectly good in the sense of PAGE LAYOUT.
But sometime especially if Japanese text inside <screen> tag is wrapped
in between Japanese characters, such line looses background color.
I'm searching for workaround for this issue, but my activity is not going well.
And I don't think I can fix this issue.
This is 1st reason that I am needing more time to finish PDF layout tweaking.

[1] https://github.com/l/debian-handbook/commits/jessie/print-ja/test
[2] $ git checkout jessie/print-en && git rebase jessie/master && git checkout -b jessie/print-ja/test

2nd reason is for improving translation quality,
Publishing priced-book is good chance to recheck whole translation again.
So, Currently I am also checking/re-translating translated statements one-by-one.
The speed of checking is about 100 msgids/day (1.6 %/day) and 4728 msgids (80 %) are not yet checked.
I will finish it 47 days later (by January 10, 2016).

> > > Ok. By the way, is this translation source text will be
> > > also open to the public for free license?
> > > Usually, I am asking debian-doc at debian.or.jp members
> > > for reviewing translation from time to time
> > > (Sometimes I get response but usually don't).
> > > So I want to send review request for the translation to them.
> > > Is it ok?
> >
> > Sure. I'll try to integrate the text in some XML form later this week.
>
> Thanks, I'm waiting for your work done.

I already finished the translation of en-US/99_backcover.xml
and pushed translated ja-JP/99_backcover.po also.

Sincerely yours,
Ryuunosuke Ayanokouzi
--
AYANOKOUZI, Ryuunosuke <i38w7i3 at yahoo.co.jp>