[Debian-handbook-translators] Add a Traditional Chiense at Weblate debian-handbook

毛慶禎 mao at lins.fju.edu.tw
Fri Mar 25 09:26:31 UTC 2016

Dear Raphae,

Thank you for your kind mail.
Yes, I and all Chinese speaking people can confirm that we need zh-TW as zh-CN.

May I humbly ask you check this web page.
http://translate.koha-community.org/
There are three different Chinese: Chinese (China), Chinese (Hong Kong), Chinese
(Taiwan).

Wikipedia has two entries deal with Traditional_Chinese_characters and
Simplified_Chinese_characters.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditional_Chinese_characters
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simplified_Chinese_characters

Check with any one who can read Chinese, he/she will tell you that is two different
scripts, although they have same official pronociation.

On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 09:49:55 +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote
> Hello,
>
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2016, AYANOKOUZI, Ryuunosuke wrote:
> > Dear Anthony Mao,
> >
> > > Can I ask you add a zh_TW(繁體) for Traditional Chinese at
> > > https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/debian-handbook/
> >
> > Finished.
>
> Thank you Ryuunosuke, but I'm wondering... is "zh-TW" really needed
> when we already have an incomplete "zh-CN"?
>
> I see that Mao contributed to zh-CN on weblate already, so is there
> really a point in setting up "zh-TW"?
>
> https://hosted.weblate.org/user/mao/
>
> Mao, can you confirm that you really need zh-TW?
>
> Cheers,
>
> PS: I don't know anything about the various variants of Chinese
> language, don't be offended by my question.
> --
> Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer
>
> Support Debian LTS: http://www.freexian.com/services/debian-lts.html
> Learn to master Debian: http://debian-handbook.info/get/

> handbook-translators

Wishing you all the best. . . .

Anthony Mao 毛慶禎 mao AT lins.fju.edu.TW
Department of Library and Information Science
Fu Jen Catholic University  http://bit.ly/lins
No.510, Zhongzheng Rd.,
Xinzhuang Dist.,
New Taipei City 24205