[Debian-handbook-translators] DFSG

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Tue Apr 5 07:17:50 UTC 2016

Hello,

On Tue, 05 Apr 2016, 毛慶禎 wrote:
> Acknowledged.
> Would you mind deal you opinion with Debian project who announce the The Debian Free
> Software Guidelines? It will confuse the Debian beginner.

The 3 licenses listed in the example are mentioned in the sidebar "Free
licenses" which is in the same section (inside the first point, in fact).

So all the content is really there and I don't see the point to either
add point 10 or tell Debian to drop the numbering on the 10th point (this
would require a general resolution for no obvious gain).

> > As a translator you can't add new content.
>
> Surely, I am the experienced translator for many years.

Certainly but publican has its limits and the strings are split following
XML tags and you can't easily add a new paragraph or a new list item just
in the PO file without modifying the base XML.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer