[Debian-handbook-translators] Validate translation (compatibility to the docbook format) done on Weblate

AYANOKOUZI, Ryuunosuke i38w7i3 at yahoo.co.jp
Mon May 23 14:14:50 UTC 2016

Dear all,

Sometime translators push a commit with error.
This is caused by the lack of carefulness or
knowledge about back-end used in the book (publican, docbook, xml etc...).
If translators could concentrate on their translation,
that would increase the quality of translation.
How can we achieve it? I think CI is one of the solution.

To poof this concept, I linked personal debian-handbook repository on GitHub to Travis CI
and performed build test in some error cases (recently reported error). Finally, I found that
most of errors would detectable and the log would show the position of the error.

Here are test cases I checked:

case 1: no problem
        https://travis-ci.org/l/debian-handbook/builds/132296396#L2585

case 2: xml format error: mismatched tag
        https://travis-ci.org/l/debian-handbook/builds/132292727#L2746

case 3: xml format error: not well-formed (invalid token)
        https://travis-ci.org/l/debian-handbook/builds/132217344#L2746

case 4: docbook format error: Element XXXXXX content does not follow the DTD
        https://travis-ci.org/l/debian-handbook/builds/132288029#L2747

Build log is publically available.
Any translators can check whether if a commit which he push causes build error or not.
Others can suggest him for fix.

However, There are some problem in terms of automation.
First problem is that currently
I have to fetch 'jessie/master' branch from Weblate by hand.
GitHub pull request hook of Weblate may solve this problem
(polling is another solution, but it is not so much sophisticated).
Second problem is that
I have to put '.travis.yml' and some scripts which are needed for build test
into 'jessie/master' by hand.
If these are in official branch, I don't need to do so.

Is there anyone who think this concept is reasonable and this demonstration is useful.
If there is, I will try to find solution in terms of automation.

Sincerely yours,
Ryuunosuke Ayanokouzi
--
AYANOKOUZI, Ryuunosuke <i38w7i3 at yahoo.co.jp>