[Debian-handbook-translators] Validate translation (compatibility to the docbook format) done on Weblate

AYANOKOUZI, Ryuunosuke i38w7i3 at yahoo.co.jp
Wed Jun 22 10:54:39 UTC 2016

Dear Michal,

Thanks for reply.

At Wed, 22 Jun 2016 10:09:50 +0200,
Michal Čihař wrote:

> Dne 21.6.2016 v 17:06 AYANOKOUZI, Ryuunosuke napsal(a):
> > Currently, my build script downloads all translation files [1] through a link in website
> > (Files -> Download original translation file (Gettext PO file))
> > and update translation (which is not committed to git repository on Weblate) [2].
> >

> > [1] https://travis-ci.org/l/debian-handbook-test/builds/139105237#L2626
> > [2] https://travis-ci.org/l/debian-handbook-test/builds/139105237#L3142
> >
> > I have one question about URL and contents.
> > Even though the download link URL [3] and API URL [4] provide same contents,
> > both URLs does not match. Is link URL just an alias of API URL?
> >
> > [3]
> https://hosted.weblate.org/download/debian-handbook/08_basic-configuration/zh_Hant/
> > [4] https://hosted.weblate.org/api/translations/debian-handbook
> /08_basic-configuration/zh_Hant/file/
>
> Currently this both does the same and there are no plans to change that
> in this particular case (the download should still work for
> unauthenticated users for publicly open translations).

OK, I understood.

> > Following bad test cases (msgstr is invalid XML) are detectable in Weblate?
> >
> > msgid "<emphasis>1st test case</emphasis>"
> > msgstr "<emphasis>not well-formed (invalid token) XML case</ emphasis>"
> >
> > msgid "<emphasis>2nd test case</emphasis>"
> > msgstr "<emphasis>not well-formed (invalid token) XML case< /emphasis>"
> >
> > I am looking forward to your reply.
>
> Yes, these are catched by Weblate. I've just added testcase for this to
> be sure and tested it on Hosted instance and the warning is issued.

Thanks for confirmation.
I'll report other cases if I find blind spot of XML check in Weblate.

> What might be however confusing is that the XML check does both check
> for valid markup and whether there are used same tags. That's probably
> why translators tend to ignore it...

Right, XML validation error and XML tree structure matching error
should be separately issued.

In Translation, XML validation error is critical and must be fixed.
But, sometime translators make reasonable change to XML tree structure
(Ex. adding translator's note).
Such change is better to be informed but this kinds of warning is negligible.
I think it would be nice if Weblate could show critical and negligible error separately.

Sincerely yours,
Ryuunosuke Ayanokouzi
--
AYANOKOUZI, Ryuunosuke <i38w7i3 at yahoo.co.jp>