[Debian-handbook-translators] ERROR: failed to build HTML output for nb-NO

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Thu Jul 28 14:45:14 UTC 2016

[Ole-Erik Yrvin]
> Hallo Petter
>
> As a non-data expert (!!) I wonder if my "-" to connect two "nouns" after a
> ">", see below, may cause this problem. In Norwegian we usually make just
> one noun out of two english nouns(words) because it is grammatically
> correct spelling of the Norweginan word.
>
> I don't translate programming language via Google Translate, because they
> translate English word that not should be translated, og because it put in
> blanks where they should not be, and then may be easily overseen...
>
> But any advice will be very helpfull!

The key to understanding this exactly problem is this part of the quoted
email:

>> Reads Now:
>> <literal>--remove</lit…eral>-valget
>>
>> Should Be 01:
>> <literal>--remove</literal>-valget

The <literal> and </literal> parts are XML codes for the text processor
to know that the --remove string should be formatted a special way (for
example like something to type using the keyboard).  And the two parts
need to come in pairs with the last one having a slash ahead of the
keyword, ie <something> and </something>.  In the example above, the
problem is that </lit…eral> do not match <literal>, causing the text
processor to become confused.

The fix is to make sure the XML codes matches the ones used in the
English original.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen