[Debian-handbook-translators] Dutch translation

Iván Alemán aleman.ivan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 12:54:52 UTC 2017

Hello Patrick,

Welcome :)

On 30 March 2017 at 10:34, Patrick Kox <patrick.kox at skynet.be> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> ​....
>
> Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I've been using Debian for a while,
> but only as a "Home User" so I have no experience with setting-up servers
> or anything like that.

​After reading the book you will have a good idea at least teorically ;)
​

> I'm currently running Stretch, Does that matter for the translation
> (differences in screenshots maybe?) and with Stretch in soft-freeze now
> would it be a good idea to start with Jessie or wait for stretch?
>
> My idea is to basically read the Manual and try to translate as I read
> though the book.

​Yes exactly, you read the book and translate/adapt the best you can into
your "native" language.​

> Since I have zero programming experience, I think the method of choice
> would be the Weblate website and maybe move to Git at a later stage (or
> maybe only for the Diagrams and Screenshots).

​Probably most of us are using Weblate for the translation, you do not need
really any programming experience, but maybe is a good idea to be
confortable with the CLI if using Git.​

> If anyone can give me some additional advise it would be greatly
> appreciated, for example if someone can point to a good tutorial on Git.

​A good intro/deep dive into Git that I can recommend is this:
https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2 it has saved me several times.​

--
Iván
@alemani