[Debian-handbook-translators] DTD Validation failed ?

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Fri Jun 9 12:15:32 UTC 2017

Hi Patrick,

On Fri, 09 Jun 2017, Patrick Kox wrote:
> I'm using the build script from the git repository to verify my
> translations before uploading them to weblate, this allows me to fix
> some of my errors.

Good thing!

> 06_apt.xml:982: validity error : Element keycombo content does not
> follow the DTD, expecting (keycap | keycombo | keysym | mousebutton)+,
> got (CDATA)

This means that you have <keycombo>some text</keycombo> instead

CDATA means "text" (and thus not a tag). The text after "expecting"
shows you what is allowed within the tag. In this case, it's a series
of one or more keycap/keysym/mousebutton.

> 06_apt.xml:1158: validity error : Element menuchoice content does not
> follow the DTD, expecting (shortcut? , (guibutton | guiicon | guilabel
> | guimenu | guimenuitem | guisubmenu | interface)+), got (CDATA guimenu
> CDATA guisubmenu)

instead of

> So I'm gussing this is a typo, but how do I find the corresponding
> string to fix this ?

You can look at the files in tmp/nl-NL/{xml,xml_tmp}/06_apt.xml on line 1158,
it should help you find the corresponding string.

> The answer is probably in 06_apt.xml:982: but what is the 982 ? a line,
> or something ?

A line, yes, in the temporary file created in tmp/nl-NL/

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer