[Debian-hebrew-common] Debian-Hebrew web site need revision

debian-hebrew-common at lists.alioth.debian.org debian-hebrew-common at lists.alioth.debian.org
Sat Nov 26 18:49:26 UTC 2005

Hi,

Thanks :)

> I've got a question, what is the main purpose of the site? should it only
> provide information about the project, or should it, additionaly show the
> packaging status?

What I want is a site that:

a) index page -
    Make a hebrew speaking newbie what to download and try the rc2.iso
install disk
b) tutorials -
    Help a newbie that installed the disk to make best use of it.

> If the later, it would be cool to do something simillar to what there is on
> the gnome's site and ubuntu's.
> http://planet.gnome.org/
> http://planet.ubuntulinux.org/

What I wrote above is what I want, but I think that what ever you do will
be better than what is now :), so fill free do to what you want (and
have time to).

> Anyway, I am willing to help in its reconstruction

Things to do:
1) - get the html from the svn
2) - play with it until you get something nice
3) - commit the changes to the svn (when you do this the web pages in
the site will change)

> And last but not least, I can make a flash tutorial about using synaptic for
> adding debian hebrew repos.

Great !! can you repack all the tutorials (new and old) in a more
non-firefox friendly way ?
You can try only change the css, but if you can fix it to look better please do.

By, Kobi

P.S..
This is what I wrote in the first mail, and I think are the most
important things:

Main index file:

 Rebuild from scratch:
 1. create news area
 2. create clear menu
 3. think of the things we want to have on the index page and put them there :)
 4. use only Hebrew (with a reference to an English index page)

 Tutorial section:

 Rebuild the tutorials using the same material but with a new look:
 1. make it work on non-firefox browsers
 2. make it's look and feel coherent with the new index page

*Any* help is welcome :)