[Debian-hebrew-common] BiDi UI packages (and sponsor needed)

Shachar Shemesh debian at shemesh.biz
Sat Aug 5 22:26:05 CEST 2006

Baruch Even wrote:

>> dh_link doesn't support linking to directories, linda requests that
>> files coming from a "Platform: All" package reside in /usr/share/lib and
>> not /usr/lib, and Thunderbird seeks the files at
>> /usr/lib/thunderbird/extensions. This is the only solution I could think of.
>>

> Another package for thunderbird extension, enigmail, has everything in
> /usr/lib anyway, try to look at the other packages for thunderbird
> extensions and see what they do.

Enigmail is not a Platform: All package, and so has no problem. There
are no other "Architecture: All" extensions packaged for Thunderbird.

I really don't see what the problem is, honestly. All links that could
be generated using dh_link are. This is the only link that is manually
generated. The bad link that Lior pointed out was not the one manually
generated by me, but actually the one generated by dh_link, so,
obviously, dh_link is no guarantee against bad links being generated
(and it was fixed).

The "dh" tools are deb *helpers*. I.e. - they are used IF THEY HELP. In
this case, they do not help, and are therefor not used.
> Baruch

Shachar