[Debian-hebrew-common] firefox hebrew package

Baruch Even baruch at ev-en.org
Thu Jan 5 11:09:31 UTC 2006

Lior Kaplan wrote:
> Itai Seggev wrote:
>>Beyond announcing my presence, I also wanted to let you know I've
>>created a firefox-locale-he-IL package for sid since I got tired of
>>waiting for the package maintenr to update the locale for 1.5. Please
>>let me know if you discover any problems or errors in the package. You
>>can find the package at http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~is/debian_packages.html.
>

> Packages can be checked in their binary result, but checking the package
> sources is a more thorough way to do so. Please upload the sources to
> your website or register at http://mentors.debian.net/ which gives
> "repository services" for debian source packages.
>
> I guess creating a patch for mozilla-firefox-locale-he-il will be the
> best result.

The hebrew locale for firefox is generated from another package which is
intended to provide firefox locale packages for multiple locales. This
was agreed by myself and the multiple locales package maintainer at the
time, due to my own lack of time (and my non-use of the hebrew locale
package).

Providing a patch and adding it to a wishlist bug report is the way to
go for this.

Baruch