[Debian-hebrew-common] Fwd: [SLUG] Abiword craashes with libfribidi0 probs ...

Baruch Even baruch at ev-en.org
Thu Aug 23 12:04:46 UTC 2007

* Amos Shapira <amos.shapira at gmail.com> [070823 14:05]:
> Adam - have you tried to upgrade libfribidi to come from the same version as
> Abiword?

This issue of an undefined symbol is caused by a mismatch between
abiword and libfribidi, this might happens because libfribidi doesn't
use SO (Shared Object) versioning. The cure is usually to rebuild
abiword with the latest fribidi dev package.

This should not be an issue for Debian as libfribidi wasn't updated for
a long time now. What versions are you using? Did you rebuild any of the
packages or used an unofficial build/package?

Sorry for not responding to your email, but I didn't see it. The best
way to make sure a contact is achieved is by reporting it as a bug, or
sending email to the team mailing list as Amos just done.

Baruch