[Debian-hebrew-common] switching between hebrew and english keyboards in vncviewer

Mitchell Laks mlaks at post.harvard.edu
Thu Dec 13 03:35:59 UTC 2007

Hi,

At work I must use a windows workstation. So, I keep a vncviewer
client open to a debian sid box in my office that I use for my real
work :).

I can read hebrew fine. But I can't write it. I run vncserver 4  on
the debian sid box.

I would like to be able to switch keyboards between the us 104 and il lyx.

The native language of my linux workstation  is english.

I have set up KDE with
the little flag icon on the Kicker Panel to change the language.
It works fine  when I  sit in front of my Linux machine
monitor screen.

However when i look at desktop :1 via the vncviewer remotely from another
machine  the US/Israel flag icon does not display on the kde Panel
at the bottom of the screen.

I would like to be able to switch to write text in hebrew. Both to write
articles and send mail and use my home made Gtk2-Perl hebrew applications
that need hebrew input.

What can I do?

Thanks,
Mitchell Laks