[Debian-hebrew-common] OT: Questions to Hebrew(?) song ריח תפוח ואודם שני.

U Z uz at ant.co.za
Mon Jul 12 21:03:21 UTC 2010

On 10/07/2010 16:56, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Dear kobi and U Z,
>

> sorry for responding that late.
>

> Am Sonntag, den 27.06.2010, 18:24 +0200 schrieb U Z:
>> On 26/06/2010 19:10, kobi zamir wrote:
>
> […]
>
> Thank you so much for your work answering this question and even
> translating the lyrics to English. I really appreciate it!
>
> I have one last question. Did you know this song before, i. e. is it
> popular, or was it the first time you heard of it?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Paul

Hi Paul,

I cannot recall with certainty if I actually knew the song before,
because I have been living outside Israel since May 1964, but it feels
and sounds familiar and I am sure it was popular.

According to the Hebrew sites it was performed by some popular groups
such as the Parvarim  (פרברים)  and the Dudaim (דודאים) with the
likelihood that it was performed from the early to middle sixties and later.

There is a short (incomplete) recording of it on the website of the
author, Yoram Taharlev which you could play by clicking on the play
button at:

http://www.taharlev.com/songs_selection_song.asp?id=19

Regards

U Z