[Debian-hebrew-package] Re: A Message To All Debian Aspell Dictionary Maintainers

Agustin Martin agmartin at debian.org
Tue Feb 7 14:41:58 UTC 2006

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 02:47:12PM -0700, Kevin Atkinson wrote:
> Agustin Martin wrote:

> >I am also maintaining iesperanto and myspell-eo. Since current official
> >aspell-eo is from unknown sources and thus its licensing is unclear I
> >can try preparing a Debian aspell-eo out of iesperanto, which is of known
> >sources. This could result in an official aspell-eo from known sources.
>
> Yes this would be a good thing.  It most likely comes from the ispell
> source. When I initially created the official dictionary packages I simply
>  use the RedHat source rpms.

Sorry for the big delay,

Seems I have something reasonable for aspell-eo. It is derived from the same
version I use for Debian. Upstrean seems to have something more up to date,
but with a different build process, and when I tried it there was some
garbage in the aff file, so I prefer to stay with this old version until
have time to better look at that.

When expanded, size is larger than for current official package, but they
seem to be close versions.

This package has a known source and license (GPL) and really uses
iso-8859-3 encoding. The old dict seems to use 7bit cx encoding
(e.g., cx -> c with hat), another way of representing esperanto 8bit
chars. This package uses affix compression.

I have included original README, although it refers to the ispell source. I
named package as aspell6-eo-version.

Current package still has some warnings about non-applicable affix flags.
I did not yet add "--dont-validate-affixes" to Makefile.pre, but prefer
to wait for additional suggestions before.

I have put it at

http://corbu.aq.upm.es/~agmartin/aspell/

--
Agustin