[Debian-in-workers] Re: Nepalifonts deb package needs a sponsor

Jaldhar H. Vyas Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar@debian.org
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 09:36:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, brett hartshorn wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have put together a .deb that installs the Nepali language fonts.
> These are the offical unicode fonts provided by The Madan Puraskar
> Pustakalaya (http://www.mpp.org.np/).
>
> The deb file can be downloaded from
> http://opart.org/debian/nepalifonts_0.1.deb
>
> Or you can apt-get it from me by adding opart.org to your sources. echo
> "deb http://opart.org/debian/ ./" >> /etc/apt/sources.list apt-get
> update apt-get install nepalifonts
>
> -brett

Hi Brett, Please join the Debian-IN workers mailing list
<debian-in-workers@lists.alioth.debian.org> and the debian-in project on
Alioth.  This aims to be a central place to coordinate Indic language
development in Debian.

I would be happy to sponsor your package but there are two things.

1.  I don't see the source package on your site.  This is a must if you
want to get your package uploaded as I will have to rebuild it locally.

2. Are you sure the fonts are DFSG compliant?  I believe I may have looked
at them at some point and noticed some restriction but I don't remember
now.  If not, work with MPP to get them freed if at all possible.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>