[Debian-in-workers] Starting D-I translation effort for Bangla - step 7

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Fri Aug 26 16:37:07 UTC 2005

Quoting Baishampayan Ghose (b.ghose at gmail.com):

> Yes. They don't have their own Unicode entry. The rendering is done
> via Pango on GNOME. If you check the hindi file, you'll see the same
> thing, the hindi translator hasn't included the combined letters, just
> the consonants and vowel signs plus the symbols.

OK, then step 6 completed..:-)

Next step is now:

3.7.  Default console keyboard and font

"If the language coordinator already knows about console font and
keyboard specifics, please provide this information (Debian Installer
and more generally Debian uses the console-tools and console-data
packages for handling console input and output).

Translators should be aware that this information is about input and
display for the Linux console and not for the X environment. Linux
console support is often very scarce for many languages, so this step
will often be reduced to defining the default keyboard mapping for the
console environment for this language.

For this step to be completed, a bug report mentioning the requested
default keyboard mapping for the new language must have been reported
by the Debian Installer i18n coordinators to the console-data or the
kbd packages. "

Well, here and as far as I know, there is NO keyboard mapping and
obviously no special font able to render any indic language at the
console. So, unless you object, I will consider this step completed
immediately.