[Debian-in-workers] Starting D-I translation effort for Bangla - step 11

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Mon Aug 29 17:52:22 UTC 2005

Quoting Baishampayan Ghose (b.ghose at gmail.com):
> Chris,
> > Easy step...you just choose your translation tool and I bet you
> > already have one..actually, this step is just a matter of chacking
> > that translators have some knowledge of translation tools..:-)
> poedit

I guess this is not on Debian...because the poedit in Debian currently
does not properly support UTF-8 encoded files because it still uses
the wxwindows 2.4 libraries.

I used to maintain the poedit package up to recently. I compiled it
against wxwindows 2.5, which made it work properly with UTF-8 encoded
files but this had to be reverted by the current maintainer, Luk
Claes, because the 2.5 versions were removed from Debian.

And 2.6 have licence problems ;..:-(

Anyway, I suppose that using poedit you have a way to make it
work...:-)

So, let's assume the "tools" step is complete..:-)

Now we proceed to the LAST step:

http://people.debian.org/~bubulle/d-i/i18n-doc/ch03s11.html